Poly Naphthalene Sulfonate (PNS)
Poly Naphthalene Sulfonate (PNS) is a high-range water reducing agent. It is also called naphthalene sulfonate superplasticizer. The primary use of PNS is to produce admixtures for ready-mixed concrete. PNS powder is for the preparation of dry mortar. The use of sodium poly naphthalene sulfonate in the production of flowing concrete can reduce the water-cement ratio, then the strength of the concrete material can be hardened. In addition, it is also a raw material for many additives in the construction industry. Such as compound accelerator, antifreeze, and retarder. Its high purity properties give it a high range of water reduction and concrete reinforcement in the concrete mixture. Moreover, it can improve the fluidity and processability of cement.
Poly Naphthalene Sulfonate
Appearance: Light Brown Powder
Type: SNF-A, SNF-B, SNF-C
The poly naphthalene sulfonate has a good effect on the preparation of large fluid concrete. The addition of a naphthalene based superplasticizer can comprehensively improve the various properties of concrete. Because of that, PNS superplasticizer is often used in highways, bridges, dams, tunnels, and some other construction projects.
Naphthalene sulfonate is the most widely used and high range water reducing agent. It has many characteristics, such as a high water-reducing rate, no bleed air, little influence on setting time, relatively good adaptability to cement. Besides, it can be used in combination with other various admixtures, and the price is relatively cheap. Naphthalene based superplasticizers are commonly used to formulate high fluidity concrete, high strength concrete, high-performance concrete.
Polynaphthalene sulfonate has a strong dispersion on cement. Therefore, it can greatly improve the fluidity of the cement mixture and the slump of the concrete. At the same time, it can also greatly reduce water consumption and improve the workability of the concrete. The high range water reducing agent does not substantially change the setting time of the concrete. However, when used in excess, it has a slight retarding effect on concrete but does not delay the early strength growth of hardened concrete.
naphthalene sulfonate superplasticizer can significantly reduce the amount of water used and increase the strength of the concrete at each stage. When the concrete strength keeps constant, the cement can save 10% or more. Besides, it does not make the steel get rust because it has a small chloride ion content.
- Efficient water reduction. The water reduction rate of sodium naphthalene sulfonate is as high as 25% or more. It can effectively increase the fluidity of concrete, reduce bleeding, and segregation. So, it can improve the workability of concrete, facilitating construction, and being easy to compact.
- The enhancement effect is good. Under the same conditions of the number of cementitious materials, the compressive strength of concrete with naphthalene-based superplasticizer has improved compared with the reference concrete.
- Good adaptability. The poly-naphthalene sulfonate is suitable for various specifications and models of cement. It is compatible with other admixtures in concrete. It can combine with an admixture such as a swelling agent, an air-entraining agent, and an active admixture. And the functions of them complement each other and excite each other.
- Good safety. Non-toxic, non-irritating, and radioactive, free of substances that are rusting to steel. Non-flammable and explosive, non-dangerous.
- Good durability. The product can effectively improve the pore structure of the concrete, thereby greatly improving the durability indexes of concrete such as impermeability, carbonation resistance, and freeze-thaw resistance.