Polyethylene Wax, also known as PE Wax, is an ultra-low molecular weight polyethylene consisting of ethylene monomer chains. PE wax has a large variety of uses and applications. PE Wax is available from on-purpose production and as a byproduct of polyethylene production. This material is available in both HDPE and LDPE forms. As there are many grades and types available, please inquire so that one of our knowledgeable representatives can assist you in locating the correct grade that matches your requirements.
Capco Products TDS
Normal Polyethylene wax
Oxidized Polyethylene wax
There are a variety of methods for producing Polyethylene wax. Polyethylene wax can be made by direct polymerization of ethylene under special conditions that control molecular weight. Another method involves breaking down high molecular weight polyethylene into lower molecular weight fractions. A third method involves separation of the low molecular weight fraction from high molecular weight polymer.
Differences between polyethylene waxes type
There are three major characteristics that differentiate one Polyethylene waxes from another. They are I) Molecular weight, II) Degree and length of polymer branching, III) Monomer / polymer composition. Changing any of these factors will alter the physical characteristics of the polyethylene wax, such as viscosity, hardness, melt point, reactivity etc.
Differences between polyethylene wax and paraffin wax
Paraffin wax is usually produced as a by-product of oil refining. It has a molecular weight which is usually less than half that of most polyethylene waxes. Because of this and other differences, paraffin wax usually has a much lower melt point and is softer than most polyethylene waxes.
polyethylene Wax Technical Specification
Polyethylene wax application
- Polyethylene waxes have unique polymer properties that make them useful in many applications. The major functions of Polyethylene waxes in many formulations are to either provide lubrication and/or provide physical modification of a formula by changing viscosity and / or melt point.
- Polyethylene wax increase inorganic and organic pigment dispersion in matrix polymer during masterbatch processing. Also, Polyethylene waxes helps granule produce by decrease softening point of system.
- Polyethylene wax is very good external lubricant for PVC. When Polyethylene wax use in PVC application, final produce face has been shined.
- Polyethylene wax using decrease the friction so increase the extrusion capacity.
- Polyethylene wax using doesn’t change the product color because Polyethylene wax has got good oxidation resistance.
- Polyethylene wax hasn’t bad effect product’s heat and light stability because Polyethylene wax doesn’t include catalyzers remnant.
- Polyethylene waxes increase last product’s light stability.
- Polyethylene wax hasn’t got toxic materials so Polyethylene wax can be use food packaging applications.
- Polyethylene wax use hot melt application.
- It is used in various applications, such as are plastic processing, inks & coatings, hot-melt adhesives, rubber processing, polishes, textile, and cable filling